Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Galerie F Punk Rock & Paintbrushes in Chicago and Back To The Future



Galerie F has a couple of big things happening that might be of interest.

PRESALE NOW - Galerie F have an upcoming pop-up show at Galerie F with an opening artist reception on Friday, December 1st from 6-11PM. They commissioned Suburban Avenger to design the show poster for this event with Matt Skiba (Blink-182 & Alkaline Trio), Warren Fitzgerald (The Vandals & Oingo Boingo), Hunter Burgan (AFI) and Danny Greene. They'll be hosting their group art exhibition all weekend but on opening night all artists will be present and available to sign the show poster IF you already have RSVP to attend. Any prints purchased with shipping will not be signed and more details about the presale are on the website:

"Punk Rock & Paintbrushes in Chicago"
18"x24" - 4 Colors - Edition of 100 Signed and numbered
Proceeds from this sale will go to Hope for the Day

2. PRINT RELEASE - Their next Logan Theatre print release is coming up! They've got a Back to the Future print by Suburban Avenger which will be available at the VIP release of the print on opening night of the screening. We'll be there starting at 9PM at The Logan Theatre on Tuesday, November 28th. The print goes online on galerief.com on Wednesday, November 29th at 2PM.

Here's a bit from the artist about working on the print:

"I feel like Back to the Future is one of those movies where there's a ton of posters for it, but they all center around similar themes of Hill Valley or the Delorean or Marty or Doc or the film's other frequent elements. Which I mean rightly so, they're all great parts of the movie. But going into this gig, I knew from the start exactly what I wanted to portray. I remember the first time I saw BTTF, I literally couldn't get Johnny B. Goode out of my head for the next two weeks. I felt like that scene so well captured the tone of the movie as a whole, and I knew from the very start I wanted to do something with Marty and that gorgeous Gibson ES-345. Incorporating the Delorean was a very last minute touch, but I feel that it drastically changes the piece and adds in that clever little element." - Luke Martin of Suburban Avenger Studios

"Johnny B Goode"
18"x24" - 4 Colors - Edition of 50 Signed and numbered

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in